Here are all our posts with all the information you need to know about traveling in Azerbaijan independently:
from how to prepare yourself to the best places to visit, top things to do and plenty of more practical travel info!
We traveled for 3 weeks in Azerbaijan, a republic in the South Caucasus region of Eurasia.
Azerbaijan used to be part of the former Soviet Union and, historically, the name of the country - which means 'protector of fire' in Persian - refers to a larger region that formed part of Persia (Iran).
The country didn't exist until 1918 and it owes its existence to Lenin and Stalin.
Azerbaijan is also known as "The Land of Fire", related to the oil-rich resources of the country.
General Info about Azerbaijan
- Capital: Baku
- International airports: Heydar Aliyev International Airport (GYD) in Baku, Ganja Airport (KVD), Qabala Airport (GBB)
- Currency: Azerbaijani Manat (AZN)
- Official language: Azerbaijani (Russian is also widely spoken)
- Main religion: Islam (96%)
- All Posts about Azerbaijan Travel -