Here are all our posts with all the information you need to know about Traveling in Kyrgyzstan independently:
from how to prepare yourself to the best places to visit, top things to do, travel itineraries and plenty of more practical travel info!
Scroll down to find all our posts about Kyrgyzstan (we've got many!) or just keep reading for a handy overview.
The Kyrgyz Republic – or simply Kyrgyzstan – is a small landlocked country in Central Asia.The country is defined by the beautiful Tien Shan mountain range which occupies 90% of the country, lush valleys and hundreds of crystal-clear alpine lakes.
Kyrgyzstan is a land of nomads who still strongly value their centuries-old nomadic traditions. If you like being in the wilderness and you’re interested in learning more about the nomadic lifestyle in Central Asia, then you’ll have to travel to Kyrgyzstan!
It’s one of the few off-the-beaten-path countries where you can still get a taste of the authentic nomadic culture!
General Info about Kyrgyzstan
Everything you need to know before you travel to Kyrgyzstan
We have some very handy and comprehensive posts that you should check out if you want to prepare yourself well for your trip to Kyrgyzstan.
For information about the visa, how to get to Kyrgyzstan, the best time to visit, how to get around the country by public transportation, where to stay,... read:
To know how much money you need when you travel to Kyrgyzstan and to calculate your budget:
Are you wondering what you need to pack for your trip to Kyrgyzstan? Read:
If you'd like to go on a hitchhiking adventure in Kyrgyzstan, first read:
We also recommend you read a bit more about our safety tips for Kyrgyzstan:
Are you planning to travel overland between the Central Asian countries? Then these following guides will come in handy:
- How to get from Bishkek to Tashkent (Uzbekistan) by bus?
- How to get from Tashkent to Bishkek by bus?
- How to get from Almaty (Kazakhstan) to Bishkek by bus?
- How to get from Bishkek to Almaty by bus?
Plan your Trip - Where to go in Kyrgyzstan
Here's an overview of our guides and posts that will help you plan your trip to Kyrgyzstan.
Where to go in Kyrgyzstan:
Discover Kyrgyzstan's capital city Bishkek:
One week itinerary for Kyrgyzstan:
Plan your Trip - Top Things to do in Kyrgyzstan
Kyrgyzstan is a country that has so much to offer when it comes to culture, nature and adventure!
Stay in the yurt camp of the semi-nomads, drink horsemilk, learn how to build a yurt, see the Eagle Hunters in action, discover the country on horseback, camp in remote valleys, make multiple day-treks in the magnificent mountains,... This list can go on and on!
Here's a complete overview of the top things to do in Kyrgyzstan:
Hiking & Trekking in Kyrgyzstan:
- The Complete Guide to Trekking in Kyrgyzstan with the 14 best hikes in the country
- The 8 best day trips and hikes from Bishkek
- 2 Itineraries to hike independently to Song Kol lake
- How to hike to lake Ala Kul - a day-by-day trekking itinerary
- Hiking near Osh - Be a Nomad Hike
Horeseback riding in Kyrgyzstan:
- Celebrating Nowruz in Kyrgyzstan
- How to visit the Eagle Hunters of Kyrgyzstan
- An insight into Kok Boru, the unusual national sport of Kyrgyzstan
- All Posts about Traveling in Kyrgyzstan -