Work with Journal of Nomads
My unique adventures and nomadic lifestyle gained a lot of interest and attention over the years so I created my own brand to provide inspiration and guidance for independent travelers and aspiring nomads.
Journal of Nomads is a travel website focused on slow travel and financially sustainable long-term journeys.
I specialize in adventure, outdoor, and cultural travels in both popular and less-traveled destinations.
I document my lifestyle with visual stories and I enjoy putting together guides for backpackers and independent travelers interested in culture, adventure, and off-the-beaten-path destinations.
I also provide information on how to travel the world continuously and sustain this nomadic lifestyle.
How can we work together
Journal of Nomads is available for both short and long-term partnerships and I offer services in English and Dutch.
Are you looking for a unique story and personal face for your brand? Then you’re in the right place!
I work with brands that are in line with my travel style and share similar values.
I currently work as a Panasonic Lumix Ambassador
Here’s a promotional video I made during an assignment for Panasonic in Morocco:
Do you want to inspire people to visit your destination? I can help you!
I promote your destination by showcasing my experiences using professional photography, (drone) videography, and high-quality articles on my website and across my social media platforms.
Here are a few examples of how I partnered up with different associations in Central Asia (Discover Kyrgyzstan, USAID, Helvetas, …):
- Celebrating Nowruz
- 15 Things to do in Tashkent – A City Guide to Uzbekistan’s Capital City
- A photography guide to the metro in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Samarkand City Guide – Top Things to Do
- 70+ Stunning Photos that will make you want to visit the Magnificent Fann Mountains in Tajikistan
- 6 Reasons why you should absolutely Visit Kyrgyzstan in Winter
Exploring the Fann Mountains in Tajikistan during an assignment with USAID
Do you want to organize and promote an awesome cultural and adventurous tour in your country?
I have the skills, experience, and audience to help you with this!
One of my groups during the Adventure Trek in Kyrgyzstan – in partnership with Kyrgyz Nomad
SPONSORED CONTENT AND PRODUCT REVIEWS
Do you have a product or service that is in line with my travel style?
If your product or service is a good fit for my outdoor and travel lifestyle, I’d be happy to feature and review your product and/or services on Journal of Nomads through a written article.
photography & visual content
Are you looking for professional visual content for your brand? Are you a destination or travel company interested in showcasing the best of your city, landscapes, and culture?
I can help! I’m a professional travel photographer and have the skills and equipment to create beautiful and professional-looking visual stories.
My photos can be licensed for commercial use or you can commission me for photography and/or videography assignments.
Get in touch for current rates and prices.
Are you interested in working together? Please don’t hesitate to contact me at hello(at)journalofnomads(dot)com!
I love working with engaged companies that match the brand, attitude, and spirit of Journal of Nomads.
I highly value unique partnerships with brands, destination marketing organizations, and tour companies and only respond to serious business proposals.
Please DON’T CONTACT me if you want to:
- promote your company/product/service without payment
- work in exchange for free exposure
- do product reviews without monetary compensation
- publish your infographic
- publish a “guest” post on the blog with links to commercial websites or free promotion of products/services
I only accept sponsored posts and guest posts that are completely in line with my brand and/ or destinations. Please take the time to check my content before reaching out.
I only accept guest posts from fellow (travel) bloggers who like to get more exposure and grow their blog. I’ll only allow links to posts you’ve written on your own personal blog and your social media channels.
Please take the time and courtesy to address me by my name in your email. Failure to do so will very likely result in not receiving a response from me.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a very respectful and kind-hearted person and I love to connect with you.
I highly value your time and work and I kindly ask if you can do the same for me.
Who is my audience?
As of January 2021
- Primarily readers aged between 18 – 44; with 45% between the ages of 25 and 34
- 46.8% of my readers are male, 53.2% are female
- Top 5 countries: United States, United Kingdom, Morocco, Canada, the Netherlands
Monthly blog stats:
- unique monthly visits: + 31,000
- monthly page views: + 48,000
- search engine acquisition: 81.6%
- social media acquisition: 6.8%
- average time on page: 02:30
- Facebook followers: + 12,000
- Instagram fans: + 7,000
- YouTube subscribers: + 4,000
- Pinterest: 10% of monthly traffic
Why work with journal of nomads?
Journal of Nomads is a well-established brand and my audience loves me for the authentic and extremely informative and in-depth guides, stories, and videos I publish. My content is based on first-hand experience and knowledge. I practice what I preach.
With 10 years of experience in traveling and finding my own unique path in the world, I inspire and motivate my audience to help them take similar steps and realize their dreams.
Journal of Nomads in the media
Features, publications and media mentions:
- The Guardian – Cave houses and hiking in Georgia… and a flock road block – in pictures (photos)
- Lonely Planet – Top Blog Posts from January 2018
- CNN Arabic – Hospitality in Azerbaijan
- CNN Arabic – Things to do in Baku
- Shoot magazine (Dutch) – Bij de nomaden in Kirgizie (photo publication in an offline magazine)
- Weekend Knack (Belgian) – Zoek de toerist (photo and story publication, both on- and offline magazine)
- OCA Magazine – 2020 The Year to Visit Tajikistan (photo and story publication in offline magazine)
- Shotkit – Inside the camera bag of Cynthia Bil
- AS Adventure – The Allaudin Lakes in Tajikistan (photo and short story publication in offline magazine)
- Vranckx en de nomaden (Dutch) – Cynthia on the Road (video)
- Nomad Times – Interview with Cynthia & Niko, a Digital Nomad couple
- Georgian Journal – Foreign traveling couple’s journal in the Cable Car City of Georgia
- Georgian Journal – Vardzia, the ancient Cave City of Georgia
- News Georgia (Russian) – Famous travelers Cynthia and Nico: Georgia is the most hospitable country in the world
- Rustavi2 (Georgian) – A couple of foreign travelers in Georgia (Interview on Georgian National Television)
- Laowai Career – The Benefits of Traveling the World as an Online Teacher
- ESL Authority – How Cynthia & Niko Travel the World while Teaching Online
- Vagabondlab – Journal of Nomads – A Hitchhiking Adventure across the World
- HelpStay – Is it possible to travel the world for free? (video)
- HelpStay – How to volunteer abroad for free (video)
- Payoneer – Teach and Make Money while Traveling
- Nate Meets World – Travel Bloggers & Influencers share their Favorite Hike of 2018.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!