Here are all our posts with all the information you need to know about Traveling in Morocco independently:
from how to prepare yourself to the best places to visit, top things to do, travel itineraries and plenty of more practical travel info!
Scroll down to find all our posts about Morocco (we've got many!) or just keep reading for a practical overview.
Morocco, also known as the Kingdom of Morocco, is a North African country bordering the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. The country is characterized by its Berber, Arabian and European cultural influences.
Morocco is a gateway to the African continent while being an uncontrolled mix of North Africa, Spain, Portugal, and France. It's a country of proud people with a rich and interesting history.
If you like discovering ancient cities with miles and miles of tiny streets or riding camels in the desert with the Sahara nomads or discovering beautiful waterfalls, then come to Morocco! It is a country of dizzying diversity and natural beauty!
General info about Morocco
- Capital: Rabat
- International airports: Morocco has several international airports, including Casablanca, Marrakesh, Fez and Tangier.
Everything you need to know before you travel to Morocco
We have some very handy and comprehensive posts that you should check out if you want to prepare yourself well for your trip to Morocco.
For information about the visa, how to get to Morocco, the best time to visit, how to get around the country by public transportation, renting a car in Morocco, where to stay, etc, read:
- The Ultimate Guide to Backpacking and Traveling independently in Morocco
- 23 Travel Tips for Morocco - What you need to know before you go
- Renting a Car in Morocco – Everything you Need to Know
To know how much money you need on your trip to Morocco and to calculate your budget:
Are you wondering what you need to pack for your trip to Morocco? Read:
We also recommend you read a bit more about our safety tips for Morocco:
In case you're traveling during Ramadan (a period during which the Muslims fast during day-time), read how you can prepare yourself for it in:
Plan your Trip - Where to go in Morocco
Here's an overview of our guides and posts that will help you plan your trip to Morocco.
Where to go in Morocco
Here are some comprehensive guides with places to visit in Morocco and itinerary suggestions:
- The 17 Best Places to visit in Morocco
- 3 Itineraries to discover the best of Morocco in 7 days
- The best daytrips from Marrakech
Morocco City Guides
We visited a lot of popular towns and cities in Morocco and wrote for each one a guide with all the things you can see and do there:
Plan your Trip - Top Things to do in Morocco
Morocco isn't one big dry desert. The landscapes are extremely varied and you'll be able to do many different activities such as surfing, rock climbing, hiking, riding camels, etc.
Here's an overview of all the fun things you can do in Morocco:
Rock climbing and hiking in Morocco:
- Rock Climbing, hiking and other fun things to do in the Todra Gorges
- Hiking to the highest mountain of North Africa - Mount Toubkal
- Hiking to the Akchour Waterfalls
- Visit the Ouzoud Waterfalls
- How to visit Paradise Valley Agadir