Work with Journal of Nomads
Hello! We are Cynthia and Niko, a Belgian – Canadian backpacking couple and the proud founders and owners of Journal of Nomads.
Before we started this blog, we both had been traveling for many years, gaining all the experience, skills and knowledge to become ‘professional nomads and adventurers’.
Our unique adventures and nomadic lifestyle gained a lot of interest and attention over the years so we created our own brand to provide inspiration and guidance for independent travelers and aspiring nomads.
Journal of Nomads is a travel website focused on slow travel and financially sustainable long-term journeys.
We specialize in adventure, outdoor, and cultural travels in both popular and less-traveled destinations.
We document our lifestyle with visual stories and we enjoy putting together guides for backpackers and independent travelers interested in culture, adventure, and off-the-beaten-path destinations.
We also provide our audience with information on how to travel the world continuously and sustain this nomadic lifestyle for years.
How can we work together
We are available for both short and long-term partnerships and offer services in English and Dutch.
Are you looking for a unique story and personal face for your brand? Then you’ve found the right people!
We work with brands that are in line with our travel style and share similar values.
Cynthia currently works as a Panasonic Lumix Ambassador
Do you want to inspire people to visit your destination? We can help you!
We promote your destination by showcasing our experiences using professional photography, (drone) videography and high-quality articles on our website and social media platforms.
Here are a few examples of how we partnered up with different associations in Central Asia (Discover Kyrgyzstan, USAID,…):
- Celebrating Nowruz
- Marking New Hiking Trails in Kyrgyzstan
- World Nomad Games 2018
- The Best Hiking Trails in Jyrgalan Valley
- A photography guide to the metro in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- 70+ Stunning Photos that will make you want to visit the Magnificent Fann Mountains in Tajikistan
Exploring the Fann Mountains in Tajikistan during an assignment with USAID
Do you want to organize and promote an awesome cultural and adventurous tour in your country?
We have the skills, experience, and audience to help you with this!
One of our groups during the Adventure Trek in Kyrgyzstan – in partnership with Kyrgyz Nomad
Sponsored Content and Product Reviews
Do you have a product or service that is in line with our travel style?
If your product or service is a good fit for our outdoor and travel lifestyle, we’d be happy to feature and review your product and/or services on our website through a written article.
Photography and Videography
Are you looking for professional visual content for your brand? Are you a destination or travel company interested in showcasing the best of your city, landscapes, and culture?
We can help! Cynthia is a professional travel photographer and Niko has the skills and equipment to create beautiful and professional-looking videos.
Our photos and video footage can be licensed for commercial use or you can commission us for photography and/or videography assignments.
Get in touch for current rates and prices.
Are you interested in working with us? Please don’t hesitate to contact us at hello(at)journalofnomads(dot)com!
We love working with engaged companies that match our own brand, attitude, and spirit. We highly value unique partnerships with brands, destination marketing organizations, and tour companies. We only respond to serious business proposals.
Please don’t contact us if you want us to:
- promote your company/product/service without payment
- work in exchange for free exposure
- do product reviews without monetary compensation
- publish your infographic on our website
- publish a “guest” post on our website with links to commercial websites or free promotion of products/services
We only accept sponsored posts and guest posts that are completely in line with our brand and/ or destinations. Please take the time to check our content before reaching out to us.
We only accept guest posts from fellow (travel) bloggers who like to get more exposure and grow their blog. We’ll only allow links to posts you’ve written on your own personal blog and your social media channels.
Please take the time and courtesy to address us by our names in your email. Failure to do so will very likely result in not receiving a response from us.
Don’t get us wrong, we’re very respectful and kind-hearted people and we love to connect with you. We highly value your time and work and we only ask if you can do the same for us.
Who is our audience?
As of November 2019
- Primarily readers aged between 18 – 44; with 45% between the ages of 25 and 34
- 50.7% of our readers are male, 49.3% are female
- Top 5 countries: United States, United Kingdom, Morocco, Georgia, the Netherlands
Monthly blog stats:
- unique monthly visits: + 70,000
- monthly page views: + 90,000
- search engine acquisition: 81.6%
- social media acquisition: 6.8%
- average time on page: 02:30
- Facebook followers: + 11,000
- Instagram fans: + 5,000
- YouTube subscribers: + 4,000
- Pinterest: 10% of monthly traffic
Why work with us?
We are two talented individuals with each our own specific set of skills in creating and marketing strong and appealing content.
We are a creative and hard-working team and we only want to deliver quality. If we go for something, we go all-in!
Journal of Nomads is not an average travel website.
Instead of rushing through places, ticking off countries on a list and writing a generic article about it, we spend quality time in the places we visit. We like to immerse ourselves in different cultures and learn as much as we can about our destinations.
We’re a well-established brand and our audience loves us for the authentic and extremely informative and in-depth guides, stories and videos we publish. Our content is based on first-hand experience and knowledge. We practice what we preach.
With more than 8 years of experience of traveling and finding our own unique path in the world, we inspire and motivate our audience to help them take similar steps and realize their dreams.
Journal of Nomads in the media
Features, publications and media mentions:
- The Guardian – Cave houses and hiking in Georgia… and a flock road block – in pictures (photos)
- Lonely Planet – Top Blog Posts from January 2018
- CNN Arabic – Hospitality in Azerbaijan
- CNN Arabic – Things to do in Baku
- Nomad Times – Interview with Cynthia & Niko, a Digital Nomad couple
- Georgian Journal – Foreign traveling couple’s journal in the Cable Car City of Georgia
- Georgian Journal – Vardzia, the ancient Cave City of Georgia
- News Georgia (Russian) – Famous travelers Cynthia and Nico: Georgia is the most hospitable country in the world
- Rustavi2 (Georgian) – A couple of foreign travelers in Georgia (Interview on Georgian National Television)
- Laowai Career – The Benefits of Traveling the World as an Online Teacher
- ESL Authority – How Cynthia & Niko Travel the World while Teaching Online
- Vagabondlab – Journal of Nomads – A Hitchhiking Adventure across the World
- HelpStay – Is it possible to travel the world for free? (video)
- HelpStay – How to volunteer abroad for free (video)
- Vranckx en de nomaden (Dutch) – Cynthia & Niko on the Road (video)
- Payoneer – Teach and Make Money while Traveling
- Nate Meets World – Travel Bloggers & Influencers share their Favorite Hike of 2018.
- Shoot magazine (Dutch) – Bij de nomaden in Kirgizie (photo publication in an offline magazine)
- Weekend Knack (Belgian) – Zoek de toerist (photo and story publication, both on- and offline magazine)
- Shotkit – Inside the camera bag of Cynthia Bil
Don’t hesitate to contact us at journalofnomads(a)gmail(dot)com! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Cynthia & Niko