Work with Journal of Nomads!
We are Cynthia and Niko, a Belgian – Canadian backpacking couple and the proud founders and owners of Journal of Nomads.
Before we started this blog, we both had been traveling for many years, gaining all the experience, skills and knowledge to become 'professional nomads and adventurers'.
Our unique adventures and nomadic lifestyle gained a lot of interest and attention over the years so we created our own brand to provide inspiration and guidance for independent travelers and aspiring nomads.
Journal of Nomads is a travel website focused on slow travel and financially sustainable long-term journeys. We specialize in adventure, outdoor and cultural travels in both popular and less-traveled destinations.
We document our lifestyle with visual stories and we enjoy putting together guides for backpackers and independent travelers interested in culture, adventure, and off-the-beaten-path destinations. We also provide our audience with information on how to travel the world continuously and sustain this nomadic lifestyle for years.
What can we do for you?
We are available for both short and long-term partnerships and offer services in the English and Dutch language.
Are you looking for a unique story and personal face for your brand?
Then you've found the right people! We work with brands who are in line with our travel style and share similar values. With more than seven years of experience of traveling the world, we inspire and motivate our audience with stories, photos, and videos to turn their dreams into reality. Contact us and let's discuss how we can represent your product and brand!
Cynthia currently works as a LUMIX ambassador for Panasonic.
Do you want to inspire people to visit your destination?
We can help you! We promote your destination by showcasing our experiences using professional photography, (drone) videography and high-quality articles on our website and social media platforms.
Here are a few examples of how we partnered up with different associations in Kyrgyzstan to promote the exquisite beauty of the country:
- Celebrating Nowruz
- Marking New Hiking Trails in Kyrgyzstan
- World Nomad Games 2018
- The Best Hiking Trails in Jyrgalan Valley
- Fun Things to do around Lake Issyk-Kul
Do you want to organize and promote an awesome cultural and adventurous tour in your country?
We have the skills, experience, and audience to help you with this!
This summer we're running 4 adventure tours in Kyrgyzstan!
Sponsored content and product reviews
Do you have a product or service that is in line with our travel style?
If your product or service is a good fit with our niche, we'd be happy to feature and review your product and service on our website through a written article.
Freelance travel writing
Are you interested in creating travel content for your own website or brand?
We got you covered! We will write clean and SEO optimized content for your website/blog/magazine/newsletter.
Photography and videography
Are you looking for professional visual content for your brand? Are you a destination or travel company interested in showcasing the best of your city, landscapes, and culture?
We can help! Cynthia is a professional travel photographer and Niko has the skills and equipment to create beautiful and professional looking videos.
Our photos and video footage can be licensed for commercial use or you can commission us for photography and/or videography assignments. Get in touch for current rates and prices.
Motivational speaking and workshops
Are you interested in having us speak in front of your group?
We would love to interact with your audience and provide your group with our unique insights, experiences, tips, and stories about our travels and nomadic lifestyle. We can teach your audience how they can create a financially sustainable life as (digital) nomads, how to travel long-term on a small budget and how to get the best out of their travels. We also give workshops about photography, blogging, and vlogging.
Coaching and travel planning
Do you want to create a nomadic lifestyle but you don't know how or where to start?
Do you want to make a tailor-made travel plan and you'd like some extra help and tips with that?
We can help and coach you through the whole process! Send us an email and let us know how we can help you!
Interested in working with us? Please don't hesitate to contact us at journalofnomads(at)gmail(dot)com!
Who is our audience?
As of December 2018:
- Primarily readers aged between 18 – 44; with 50% between the ages of 25 and 34
- 48% of our readers are male
- Top countries: United States, United Kingdom, United Arabs
Monthly blog stats:
- page views: 40,000 +
- unique visitors: 20,000 +
- search engine acquisition: 73%
- social media acquisition: 13%
- average time on page: 04:57
- Facebook followers: 10K+
- Instagram fans: 3,000+
- YouTube subscribers: 3,000+
- Pinterest: 10% of monthly traffic
Why working with us?
We are two talented individuals with each our own specific set of skills in creating and marketing strong and appealing content. We are a creative and hard-working team and we only want to deliver quality. If we go for something, we go all-in!
Journal of Nomads is not an average travel website. Instead of rushing through places, ticking off countries on a list and writing a generic article about it, we spend quality time in the places we visit. We like to immerse ourselves in the different cultures and learn as much as we can about our destinations.
We're a well-established brand and our audience loves us for the authentic and extremely informative and in-depth guides, stories and videos we publish. Our content is based on first-hand experience and knowledge. We practice what we preach.
Journal of Nomads in the media
Features, publications and media mentions:
- The Guardian - Cave houses and hiking in Georgia... and a flock road block - in pictures (photos)
- Lonely Planet - Top Blog Posts from January 2018
- Bloggers UTD - Belgium Travel Blog Awards 2018: and the nominees are ...
- Georgian Journal - Foreign traveling couple's journal in the Cable Car City of Georgia
- Georgian Journal - Vardzia, the ancient Cave City of Georgia
- News Georgia (Russian) - Famous travelers Cynthia and Nico: Georgia is the most hospitable country in the world
- Rustavi2 (Georgian) - A couple of foreign travelers in Georgia (Interview on Georgian National Television)
- Laowai Career - The Benefits of Traveling the World as an Online Teacher
- Vagabondlab - Journal of Nomads - A Hitchhiking Adventure across the World
- HelpStay - Is it possible to travel the world for free? (video)
- HelpStay - How to volunteer abroad for free (video)
- Vranckx en de nomaden (Dutch) - Cynthia & Niko on the Road (video)
- Payoneer - Teach and Make Money while Traveling
- Nate Meets World - Travel Bloggers & Influencers share their Favorite Hike of 2018.
- Shoot magazine (Dutch) - Bij de nomaden in Kirgizie (photo publication in an offline magazine)
- Weekend Knack (Belgian) - Zoek de toerist (photo and story publication, both on- and offline magazine)
- ESL Authority - How Cynthia & Niko Travel the World while Teaching Online
- Travel Continuously - These Digital Nomads Are On An Epic Overland Journey Around The World
- Always On The Way - Hitchhiking Across the World - An Interview with Journal of Nomads
- Sell All Your Stuff - 8 Housesitting Questions with The Journal of Nomads
- No Footprint Nomads - Journal of Nomads interview: Slow Travel for Cultural Immersion
- Libelle (Dutch) - Hello/Goodbye (interview in offline magazine)
Don't hesitate to contact us at journalofnomads(at)gmail(dot)com! We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Cynthia & Niko